There are two functional Border Haats
Kalaichar, West Garo Hills District, Meghalaya, India-Baliamari, Kurigram District, Bangladesh
Balat,East Khasi Hills District, Meghalaya, India-Lauwaghar,Dalora,Sunamgang District, Bangladesh
There are four new Border Haats which are under implementation:-
Bholaganj (East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya) – Bholaganj (Companiganj, Sylhet)
Nalikata (South West Khasi Hills, Meghalaya) – Saydabad (Tahirpur, Sunamganj)
Shibbari (South Garo Hills, Meghalaya) – Bhulyapara
Ryngku (East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya) – Bagan Bari (Duara Bazar, Sunamganj)
The Following commodities are traded in the Border Haats:
1. Vegetables, food items,fruits,spices
2. Minor Forest produce eg bamboo, bamboo grass and broom sticks, excluding timber
3. Produts of Cottage Industries like Gamcha, Lungi etc
4. Small Agriculture household implements eg dao, plough, axe, spade, chisel etc
5. Garments, melamine products, processed food items, fruit juice, toiletries, cosmetics, plastic products, aluminium products, cookeries
LAND CUSTOM STATION
At present there are 8 functional and 2 non functional Land Custom Station in the state with the routes mention below through which export-import business/trading activities are being carried out.
The items exported through these LCS are Coal, Lime stone, Boulder stone, Betel leaves, Raw hides ,Bay leaves, Fresh Tomatoes, Quartz stone, Fresh ginger, Iron Scrap, Shoe / Chappal, Cabbage, Radish, Orange, Auto Tyres, Cricket bat, Printed Cartoon / Sheets.
The imported items are as follows Pran edible food (liquid), Pran edible food (solid),Plastic Furniture, Household articles of Plastic, PVC Door / Windows, Tissue Paper, Door Panels, PVC pipes & tubes, Readymade Garment, Chakra supper white soap, Melamine articles, Wooden furniture.