The State Government of Nagaland has undertaken various measures to promote the industrial growth in the State. Some of the major initiatives are:
- Industrial growth centre (IGC) at Ganeshnagar, Dimapur.
- Export promotion industrial park which is now being upgraded to products specific Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- Nagaland Tool Room & Training Centre (NTTC), Dimapur for Human Resource Development in the industrial sector.
- Industrial Infrastructure Development Centre (IIDC) at Kiruphema.
- Overall 9 Citronella Demonstration Farms (economic plant) have been set up including 1 Citronella Production-cum-Training Centre at Sirhima village in Dimapur district. The Department produced 492 liters of citronella oil in 2014-15 having a market value of Rs.2.95 lakhs.
- To enhance trade and commerce four border trade centres at i) Longwa in Mon District (ii) Pangsha in Tuensang District (iii)Avankhu in Phek and (iv) Moleh in Phek District have been established along the Indo-Myanmar border. The aim of these centres to promote trade between the two countries and other ASEAN countries.